Lossless Video Codec
YUVsoft’s Lossless Video Codec (YULS) was designed to achieve maximum compression. Currently it provides the best compression ratio among all known lossless video codecs. It is confirmed by an extensive comparison using a representative test set. Click here to download the full comparison.
This codec works with RGB24, YV12 and YUY2 color formats and uses the Video for Windows (VfW) application interface. YULS can be used with VirtualDub and other programs supporting VfW codecs. Due to high complexity, the codec is not suitable for video capture or non-linear editing. The codec is FREE for non-commercial use. Please read the user license.
Averaged results for several test video sequences from the cited comparison:
- Maximum video resolution is 1024 x 768
- Image width and height should be a multiple of 16
- SSE instructions support is required for encoding (but is not required for decoding)
- Minimum 128 MB of RAM recommended
- Tested operating systems: Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Pro
Latest version: download YULS 1.0.3
The codec is FREE for non-commercial use. Please read the user license.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you have any comments or suggestions, or if you would like to report a bug or acquire a commercial license, please contact us.