Depth Normalization Plugin for Adobe After Effects
- Adobe After Effects version: CS5.5 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Works with: Stereo Generator and all depth tools
- Main use cases: automatic depth equalization to an intensity range of 20 to 220 for a whole sequence
When you’re creating depth maps for a scene, you may encounter situations in which the range of depth intensities for the current frame is too small. But manually adjusting the levels for each corrupted frame is an extremely long and boring process. Moreover, some tools give you temporally unstable depth maps, and levels can change between consecutive frames. YUVsoft offers you a tool that performs automatic equalization of your depth map histograms: Depth Normalization.
Key features of YUVsoft Depth Normalization are
- Automatic depth equalization to an intensity range of 20 to 220
- The ability to use information from adjacent frames to suppress large changes in depth maps
YUVsoft Depth Normalization in use:
The Depth Normalization plugin for Adobe After Effects takes your depth video as input and returns to you an enhanced depth video sequence. Alternatively, you can adjust a single frame using YUVsoft Depth Normalization and then apply these changes to the entire scene using the YUVsoft Depth Propagation plugin.
- Depth Propagation technology – propagates the frame’s depth information through the whole video sequence.
- Depth Propagation from a depth key frame created by Depth Effects.
- Depth Effects technology allows to obtain detailed depth for static scenes and background areas.
- Depth Effects plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Depth Refinement technology – corrects edge mismatches between the source frames and depth map.
- Depth from Motion plugin for Adobe After Efects – a good solution for obtaining key frames from scenes with camera motion.