Depth Propagation Plugin for After Effects
- Adobe After Effects version: CS5.5 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 8 GB recommended
- Works with: Stereo Generator and all depth tools, especially Depth Effects and Depth Brushes
- Main use cases: automatically generates depth map for a video fragment based on one or two depth key frames
Software today is intelligent enough to do almost all the work of depth map creation automatically. YUVsoft Depth Propagation is a professional plugin for Adobe After Effects that allows you to extend a single key frame depth map to an entire video, creating the depth map for each frame on the basis of the source depth map.
Key features of YUVsoft Depth Propagation are
- Fast automatic depth map creation for background areas
- Support for object depth variation over time
- Accurate motion processing
- Suppression of depth leakage across object boundaries
Depth Propagation in use:
Depth Propagation in use with options enabled:
The General post-processing mode performs accurate smoothing by adjusting the depth on the object’s boundaries. Leakage suppression weakens thin flowing of incorrect depth. This mode is useful when the object boundaries are blurred in the source image.
Input for the YUVsoft Depth Propagation plugin is one or two previously created key frames and the source video. You then receive a depth map video sequence as the output.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video.
- Depth Propagation technology – a general description.
- Depth Effects technology allows to automatically or semiautomatically obtain depth maps to use as depth key frames.
- Depth Propagation from a key frame created with Depth Effects.
- Depth from Focus technology – works well for scenes where foreground objects are blurred and where manual rotoscoping is an undesirably complex and expensive option.
- Depth from Motion plugin for Adobe After Efects – a good solution for obtaining key frames from scenes with camera motion.