Depth Refinement Plugin for After Effects
- Adobe After Effects version: CS5.5 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 8 GB recommended
- Works with: Stereo Generator and all depth tools
- Main use cases: automatic correction of edge mismatches and blurry edges on a depth map
YUVsoft offers an auxiliary tool for its Stereo Generator that can easily correct common depth map defects such as edge mismatches and blurry edges: YUVsoft Depth Refinement.
Key features of YUVsoft Depth Refinement are:
- Automatic correction of edge mismatches and undesired blurry edges
- User-defined refinement radius
- User-defined edge sensitivity
Depth Refinement in use:
You can choose the Refinement radius and Edge sensitivity of the Depth Refinement tool: the lower the value, the larger the number of edges detected. For lower values, the tool only detects sharp edges. Processing of weak edges is often omitted to save time, but it is recommended for scenes with large parallax to improve the quality of the result.
Refinement radius option in use:
The YUVsoft Depth Refinement tool allows you to improve an object’s contours in the depth map and to place them so they precisely conform to the original image. Depending on the video content, both features can enable outstanding results in the subsequent stereo generation process.
- Depth Refinement plugin for The Foundry Nuke.
- Depth Refinement technology – a general description.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video.
- Stereo Generator plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Semitransparent edges processing with Stereo Generator.
- Depth Propagation technology – propagates the frame’s depth information through the whole video sequence.