Depth Propagation Technology
In the nutshell, this algorithm saves time by propagating a single depth map through the whole shot. The user can also use two input depth maps (first and last frames) to improve the processing result. After propagation, the user can correct results and reapply the processing until the desired quality is achieved.
The algorithm tracks objects and background in video and associates them with areas in given depth maps. The algorithm provides the following capabilities:
- Supports object depth variation over time
- Minimizes depth leakage through borders for very long shots with slow motion
- Thickens depth area borders to increase the quality of the resulting stereo for objects with fuzzy edges and objects that are blurred or out of focus
- Supports adjustable smoothing of depth map
- Offers speed ranges from one to several seconds per 1080p frame for the highest-quality mode
- Depth Propagation from a depth key frame created by Depth Effects.
- The “Juneau” case study: Faster Depth-Map Creation Using Depth Propagation Tool.
- Depth Propagation plugin for The Foundry Nuke.
- Depth Propagation plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- 2D–to–stereo 3D conversion process description.
- Automatic Depth Map Estimation methods.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video.
- Depth Effects technology allows to obtain detailed depth for static scenes and background areas.
For information on licensing, contact YUVsoft’s sales staff.