Depth from Motion Plugin for After Effects
- Adobe After Effects version: CS5.5 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 8-12 GB recommended
- Works with: Depth Brushes and Depth Propagation
- Main use cases: depth key frame creation
Depth from Motion
Nowadays, most films contain scenes with camera motion. In many cases the depth maps for such scenes can be created fast and almost automatically. The YUVsoft Depth from Motion plugin for Adobe After Effects enables you to obtain real depth maps for shots with zooming, scene rotation and camera panning. It also supports slow-motion scenes: the algorithm automatically detects and adapts to slow motion in video.
Key features of YUVsoft Depth from Motion are
- Fully automatic depth map estimation
- Support for different motion types
- Correct processing of slow motion
Depth from Motion in use:
The YUVsoft Depth from Motion plugin for Adobe After Effects takes your source video as input and returns to you a depth video sequence.
- Depth Effects technology allows to obtain detailed depth for static scenes and background areas.
- Depth Effects plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Depth Propagation technology – propagates the frame’s depth information through the whole video sequence. You can use human-painted or automatically contructed depth maps as key frames for the propagation.
- Depth Refinement technology – corrects edge mismatches between source frames and depth map.
- Depth Refinement plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Depth from Focus technology works well for scenes where foreground objects are blurred and where manual rotoscoping is an undesirably complex and expensive option.