Parallax Corrector – quick and easy way to modify settings of a stereo pair
3D films that are shown in movie theaters typically use a rather small parallax to provide a comfortable view for everybody in the auditorium, regardless of where they sit. Content for 3DTV purposes has other requirements for the parallax value: smaller screens and shorter viewing distances necessitate greater shifts between objects in the right and left views so as to make the 3D effect clearly visible. Therefore, when transferring a movie to a format suitable for 3DTV, the original stereo parallax must be increased, with consideration given to TV screen typical sizes and viewing distances. A change in parallax may also be necessary if content is to be shown on different 3D displays—most monitors have their own preferred settings and comfort parallax values. YUVsoft Parallax Corrector technology is a fast, automatic solution that can handle both cases described above.
Most methods of changing parallax require a previously obtained disparity map and a stereo generator that has numerous user-adjustable parameters. Using such methods increases the time spent to correct stereo content. YUVsoft Parallax Corrector technology was specifically developed to save time by automatically changing the parallax value using just the source stereo as input. The algorithm supports both interpolation and extrapolation in views (i.e., the parallax value can be either reduced or increased). Another useful feature of Parallax Corrector is its ability to change the source video’s zero-level.
The algorithm is based on disparity map estimation. A disparity map is a grayscale image that shows the shift between the left and right frames for each object. Using information about the displacement of objects in a stereomate, Parallax Corrector generates a new video sequence from the source stereo using an automatically obtained disparity map.
YUVsoft Parallax Corrector is a unique tool that allows you to change the parallax, zero level and default depth range of stereomate footage automatically. The simplicity of using Parallax Corrector is that all you need to provide is the source video sequence.
- Depth from Stereo technology – gives you insight into the geometry of the scene, including the appearance of the disparity map and the way objects overlap each other.
- Depth from Stereo plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video, or 2D+Z.
- Stereo Correction technology – gives you the ability to fix vertical parallax and tilts between right and left views, and it enables you to eliminate color mismatches in the input stereo pair.
- Stereo-to-Multiview conversion technology – converts video from stereo pair format to n-view autostereoscopic glasses-free display format.