Depth from Motion Plugin for The Foundry Nuke
- The Foundry Nuke version: 6.2 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 8-12 GB recommended
- Works with: Depth Brushes and Depth Propagation
- Main use cases: depth key frame creation
Depth from Motion
The YUVsoft Depth from Motion algorithm estimates depth values for all objects in the source video, analyzing their motion in the frame. (It doesn’t matter if the objects themselves are moving or if they appear to move because of camera motion.) You only need the source video to obtain the depth maps for each frame. The algorithm carries out high-quality processing regardless of whether objects are moving quickly or slowly. It automatically adapts its sensitivity to the rate of motion of objects in the video, and its value can also be set manually (higher values enable processing of slower motion, and lower ones enable processing of fast motion).
Key features of YUVsoft Depth from Motion are
- Fully automatic depth map estimation
- Support for different motion types
- Correct processing of slow motion
Depth from Motion in use:
Various filtering methods allow you to increase the quality of the output depth maps. The Temporal filtering option makes these depth maps more uniform by using information from other frames in the video sequence. The various Spatial filtering modes have different effects on the resulting depth map; for instance, Leakage suppression reduces edge mismatches at object boundaries.
The YUVsoft Depth from Motion plugin for The Foundry Nuke takes your source video as input and returns to you a depth video sequence.
- Depth Effects technology allows to obtain detailed depth for static scenes and background areas.
- Depth Effects plugin for The Foundry Nuke.
- Depth Propagation technology – propagates the frame’s depth information through the whole video sequence. You can use human-painted or automatically contructed depth maps as key frames for the propagation.
- Depth Refinement technology – corrects edge mismatches between source frames and depth map.
- Depth Refinement plugin for The Foundry Nuke.
- Depth from Focus technology works well for scenes where foreground objects are blurred and where manual rotoscoping is an undesirably complex and expensive option.