Stereo-to-Multiview Conversion plugin for Adobe After Effects
- Adobe After Effects version: CS5.5 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 8 GB recommended
- Works with: no significant related tools
- Main use cases: automatic generation of stereo from multiview for a given number of views and parallax; usable for parallax change in stereo
Nowadays, autostereoscopic monitors constitute a significant part of the 3D market. These monitors allow viewers to see the real depth of objects without using special glasses, and they are an excellent platform for advertising, which has not yet managed to bore consumers. But the content situation for such displays is complicated by the fact that they do not use stereo video sequences and typically require a special multi-angle format: multiview video. Another obstacle is the fact that different monitors have different numbers of required views for playback. YUVsoft offers a special Stereo-to-Multiview Conversion tool designed to produce multiview content from stereo video sequences. The tool, available as an Adobe After Effects plug-in, supports an arbitrary number of views, which means it enables users to obtain any required number of views from the source stereo footage and to thereby use this content with different displays.
The plug-in can both increase and decrease the source parallax (i.e., the technology can create interpolated and extrapolated views). Another noteworthy point is that Stereo-to-Multiview Conversion can work either with the previously obtained disparity map or without it. If the input is only a stereo pair, the Depth from Stereo technology provides disparity maps for the conversion.
Key features of YUVsoft Stereo-to-Multiview Conversion are:
- Generation of the n-view video for both inside and outside angles of the source stereo pair (interpolation and extrapolation)
- Creation of an arbitrary number of views
- Processing speed of 1 fps for 640×480-resolution video when generating nine views
YUVsoft Stereo-to-Multiview Conversion in use:
The Number of views option equals 32, source Parallax increased by 8 times:
The input for Stereo-to-Multiview Conversion is a source stereo video, or a stereo video and disparity map video for both the left and right views. The algorithm then outputs the required number of video sequences with angle views (the number of multiview videos is determined by the Number of views value).
- Make quality autostereo 3D content with a large negative parallax – samples of A3D content created using Stereo Processing Suite Pro and 2D to 3D Suite.
- Stereo-to-Multiview technology – a general description.
- Depth from Stereo technology – gives you insight into the geometry of the scene, including the appearance of the disparity map and the way objects overlap each other.
- Stereo Correction technology – gives you the ability to fix vertical parallax and tilts between right and left views, and it enables you to eliminate color mismatches in the input stereo pair.
- Stereo Correction plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video, or 2D+Z.
- Stereo Generator plugin for Adobe After Effects.