Stereo Generator Plugin for After Effects
- Adobe After Effects version: CS5.5 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Works with: all depth tools, Matting and Background Reconstruction
- Main use cases: stereo generation from 2D+Depth
Stereo 3D video is a highly acclaimed format not only for cinema, but for television and home video. Therefore you need a convenient, reliable tool for 2D–to–stereo 3D conversion, and YUVsoft is ready to meet that need with a professional plugin for Adobe After Effects: Stereo Generator.
Key features of YUVsoft Stereo Generator are:
- Output formats:
- Stereo pair
- Multiview sequence consisting of views generated for different parallax values
- “Soft edge” technologies for correct processing of semi-transparent boundaries between foreground objects and background
- Support of external clean plates (reconstructed background areas)
- Depth map dilation and Depth map smoothing technologies to compensate for inaccurate depth maps
- Interlaced output format for stereo 3D preview on certain 3D displays
- Generation of the occlusion mask
- No resolution limitations, works with 4K and 8K content
- 32 bit depth
YUVsoft Stereo Generator in use:
The plugin for Adobe After Effects uses the source video and a source depth map as input. You then get the stereo pair footage as output. To improve quality, you also need restored background. You can obtain this background data as well as depth map for restored background areas using the YUVsoft Background Reconstruction plugin.
- Getting Started with Stereo Generator for After Effects tutorial.
- 2D to S3D conversion process – general paradigm.
- Fuzzy edges processing – handles such complicate details as fur, hair and translucent areas.
- Background reconstruction methods – various methods for different types of video.
- Background Reconstruction plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Depth map dilation – helps to eliminate halos and stripes of wrong color around foreground objects on the resulting stereo video.
- Stereo-to-Multiview conversion technology – converts video from stereo pair format to autostereoscopic glasses-free display format.
- Stereo Correction technology – gives you the ability to fix vertical parallax and tilts between right and left views, and it also enables you to eliminate color mismatches in the input stereo pair.
- Occlusion processing with Stereo Generator