Methods of Background Reconstruction
The YUVsoft Background Reconstruction plugin creates input data for the final stage of 3D video creation: conversion from 2D to stereo or multiview video. The algorithm restores occluded background areas that were invisible to the 2D camera because of foreground objects. In case of camera motion or object movement, you can use the plugin to restore background details for a certain frame using information from other frames; this method is called Temporal inpainting.
Reconstruction of the missing background is a crucial stage of 2D-to-3D video conversion, and it requires precise processing to yield an impressive 3D image. The YUVsoft Background Reconstruction plugin successfully tackles this important task. The restored background then can used by YUVsoft Stereo Generator.
Watch the tutorial on Background Reconstruction use in Nuke:
- Background Reconstruction plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Background Reconstruction plugin for The Foundry Nuke.
- Tutorial on Background Reconstruction – covers the basics of using Background Reconstruction for creating clean plates.
- A sample of the reconstructed background and how converted stereo can be improved with it.
- 2D to S3D conversion process – general paradigm.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video.
- Stereo Generator plugin for Adobe After Effects.
- Fuzzy edges processing – handles such complicate details as fur, hair and translucent areas.
- Depth map dilation – helps to eliminate halos and stripes of wrong color around foreground objects on the resulting stereo video.
- Occlusion processing with Stereo Generator