Stereo Ghost Busting Plugin for The Foundry Nuke
- The Foundry Nuke version: 6.2 or above
- Memory requirements: 2 GB minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Works with: Stereo Generator
- Main use cases: elimination of the crosstalk effect from stereo sequence
Stereo Ghost Busting
Sometimes situations occur where stereo artifacts are not a consequence of low-quality video, but of bad equipment. One of the most common cases is when a complete overlap of views is not achieved, owing to the characteristics of polarizing filters; thus, some light intended for one eye reaches the other and vice versa. This effect is called crosstalk, and it manifests itself as ghosting of frames when viewing stereo. Such artifacts can cause extreme fatigue and headaches, and they can completely turn off viewers. YUVsoft offers its Stereo Ghost Busting plugin for the Foundry Nuke; this plugin can partially subtract the left view of a stereomate from the right view (and vice versa) to compensate for defects in polarization between glasses and the stereo projector.
YUVsoft Stereo Ghost Busting key features are:
- Automatic elimination of ghosting from stereo sequence
- Real-time processing speed
Stereo Ghost Busting in use:
The plugin is easy to use and has a single option, GhostBust power, which determines the percentage of the frame color that is subtracted from the rest view.
All processing is realized automatically; the user need only select a suitable GhostBust power value. Input for YUVsoft Stereo Ghost Busting is the source stereomate sequence. The software then outputs the corrected stereo video sequence.
- Stereo Generator – the tool for high quality stereo generation from 2D+Depth video.
- Stereo Generator plugin for The Foundry Nuke.
- Depth Reader plugin for The Foundry Nuke – converts disparity map video sequences from YUV to RGB for the the correct depth representation.
- 2D to S3D conversion process – general paradigm.
- Stereo Correction technology – gives you the ability to fix vertical parallax and tilts between right and left views, and it also enables you to eliminate color mismatches in the input stereo pair.
- Stereo Correction plugin for The Foundry Nuke.